OUR PRIVACY PLEDGE TO YOU
Rent My Instrument LLC is committed to protecting your personal information both online and offline. We understand that security and privacy are important issues for visitors to the RentMyInstrument.com Web Site (hereinafter called the “Site”). We want your experience with our Site to be a pleasant and secure experience and we recognize our obligation to keep your information secure and confidential. The following information explains our commitment to protecting your privacy.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
When you access the Site, our web server collects certain information solely for statistical purposes to analyse general browsing trends located on our Site. The information collected is as follows:
- IP Address: We collect IP addresses/Domain Name to gauge our Site traffic. Your IP address is linked to your customer information only if you place an order online. This is required for tracking the origin of the order being submitted for security purposes only. Otherwise, your IP address is NOT LINKED to your customer information.
- Browser Type: To help us optimise our Site to match the latest technology used by our customers, we collect the type of browser you are using (Example: Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer).
- How You Located Our Web Site: If you come to our Site through a link, the location of the referring link is captured. This is used to help us know where our users come from and is used for statistical analysis only.
- Browsing Throughout Our Site: We note pages you visit, the length of your visit and other general browsing trends to help us analyse our Site’s usage and make improvements to our Web Site.
- Cookies: We use Session Only Cookies to track how users come to our Site. These cookies are deleted when the user leaves our Site and are NEVER used to store personally identifiable information. How users come to our Site is linked to customer information only if they place an order on-line. This information is used to gauge the effectiveness of online advertising, promotional campaigns, and traffic from partner web sites.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
General browsing of our Web Site does not require that your personal information be entered. However, there are instances on our Site where personal information is necessary in order to successfully complete a specific task, such as an order or information request. We use the information that you provide only to fulfill the necessary task and for no other purpose.
Below are examples of times when you may need to provide personal information:
- Requesting information in relation to products and services of our business
- Placing an Order On-Line
- General e-mail correspondence
We require only the amount of personal information that is needed for safely processing your online order and for contacting you about your transactions and information requests. Such information is used only for such purpose.
Online Protection: When you place an order online, sensitive information such as a credit card number, phone, and address information may be required. For your protection, all sensitive information sent between your computer and our servers are automatically encrypted. When registering or logging in to our site, we verify that your Internet browser is running Secure Sockets Layer 3.0 (SSL) or higher. Information that is transmitted is protected by SSL with an encryption key length of 128 bits (the highest level commercially available).
Offline Protection: When information is processed at Rent My Instrument LLC’s location, only the employees who need your information to process your order or information request will have access to your personally identifiable information. The servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Third-Party Sources and Your Information: This site employs a strict “NO-SPAM” policy. WE WILL NOT SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION!
PRIVACY IN REGARDS TO CHILDREN
The Site does sell products which may be useable by children. However, such products are intended for purchase by adults only. We cannot prohibit minors from visiting this Site. We must rely on parents, guardians and those responsible for supervising minors under the age of 18 to decide which materials are appropriate for such children to purchase. If you are under 18 years of age, you may submit personal information (name, address, phone, etc.) only with a parent’s or guardian’s participation and permission. If you provide any personal information such as address, credit card number, social security number, or any other personal information, by your use, you confirm that you are over the age of 18 or have parental-guardian participation.
OTHER WEB SITE PRIVACY POLICIES
The Site contains links to other sites for added informational purposes. We do not endorse nor are we responsible for the privacy practices of these web sites. We recommend you read carefully the privacy policies of each of these external web sites for the protection of your own personal identifiable information.
UPDATES & MODIFICATIONS TO OUR POLICY